Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well, today is Sunday...typically a day that I use to enjoy food without abandon. It's a feast day, right? I would totally avoid going out to eat altogether for these 30 day, but 2 days into it have realized that it isn't likely. My friend Maggie (who I'm bunking with for the weekend) wanted to go out for lunch. It's Sunday, right? OK. I can do this. Off we go.

It's important to note that I love food. I love going out. I love the experience, the smell, the service... I look at all the plates that pass by and wonder what their meal is like. It takes me forever to order, because I read everything on the menu, ask the waitress questions on my top 3 and carefully make my choice. I don't want to be disappointed with my meal. I say all of this, because I believe I have an inordinate love for food. Inordinate you say? Yes, disordered.

So, Maggie and I go out for lunch (and I am sweating). It was definitely a lesson in self control. I chose a Greek salad because it fit into my meal plan. True vegetables and about 3 ounces of feta (protein) with a dressing with no sugar. They brought pita breads and I sure did grab one out of the basket pretty mindlessly. Maggie said "I can't believe you're going to eat that!" The lure of the pita made me forget for a split second that I was going the month with no gluten. I was sad to put it back. Almost as sad as I was that I wouldn't be having my afternoon coffee with sugar and cream. Once back home, I wanted to take a nap...so that when I woke up it would be time for another meal, and well past coffee time.

Along with the initial cleanse (that's purpose is to jump start my new life of wellness), I have committed to exercise 5 days per week. I walked two miles yesterday and 2 miles today. It's important to note that I feel terrible. You heard me. Terrible. Getting muscles moving and eating lots of fresh fruits and drinking water, has released the toxins! They are on their way out... but not before giving me flu-like symptoms and breakouts!


1 comment:

  1. You are going to do so great Molly! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete