Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new...me!

Happy new year!

Like most people, I have made a resolution to to get healthy and fit in 2010. It's the same resolution I made in 2009, 2008, 2007 etc... For those of you who don't know me, I am a country girl from south Louisiana, a personal chef, educated in nutrition and own a healthy food delivery and consulting company (www.maryandmollysmustardseed.com). What? I struggle with the whole healthy lifestyle bit? Yes, daily. I love food and hate exercise. It's terrible. I've been all over America, helping the rich and famous, the poorest of the poor, working moms, busy singles and corporations to understand the basic concepts of good nutrition...lowering people's cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure! Oh, I've seen it all. I'm a real health hero, except when it comes to myself. Healthy options aren't even something I'm attracted to. If I didn't know any better, I would always choose sausage over oatmeal for breakfast. I would love a hamburger over salad for lunch and fried chicken over brown rice would be my choice for dinner. Why am I saying that? Because I think most people are like me. And in a world where people are killing themselves over poor food choices, I'm here to say hey, we can get control of this together. I need motivation. I need accountability. I need friends for the journey. Maybe that's why I'm blogging this.

A Yoga instructor has asked me to create a 30 day all natural food cleanse for her and a few clients. I thought it was a noble effort on her part, to want to start the year off right. So, I'm going to do it too. I'm not doing it strictly for a weight loss tool, or even a feel better tool (although I'm looking forward to those benefits). What I want to accomplish (along with self control) is an attitude of health and well being. An attitude of "I'm worth the effort". I have lots of great things going for me, and I want to be around to enjoy it all. Really enjoy life.

So, here it goes. Happy new year! Happy new me!

3 comments:

  1. You can do anything you put your mind to.
    Grab that brass ring sweetheart.
    Love Ya Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely worth the effort. I hope you enjoy blogging, because I'll enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete