Saturday, January 2, 2010

Aint so bad

Well, it's 9:30 p.m. and I have finished my first day of a healthier me! It wasn't so bad. I have a bit of a headache, but not from being hungry...I'm assuming it's the flushing out of the sodium (pizza) and saturated fat (ice cream) I had for dinner last night in a panic. Ok, it wasn't a panic...it was clearly thought out!

I've had lots of friends ask questions about this "cleanse" that I'm talking about. I thought I'd take a moment to explain. A cleanse is often used (by us radicals) to jump-start our bodies into wellness mode again, particularly if you fall off the nutritional wagon (as I often as I do). The holidays killed me! I mean really. How many peanut butter balls, gallons of gravy, butt roasts and gumbo can a person consume until they are just...well, sick and tired of eating. That's exactly what I am. Tired. Sick and tired. So much junk over a period of time has me gunked up, sluggish, grumpy and a size bigger than I'm comfortable with. Get control, Molly!

So, this yoga woman asking for a cleanse to be designed for her was, for me...a sign from God Himself. And I can't believe I'm writing about it. I turned on the computer and saw that I have 4 followers! My heart skipped a beat. I really do have some accountability! I think this will work! I have gotten e-mails from friends and clients today asking how they can jump on the wagon too. I thought I'd go ahead and post the basic regulations of the cleanse that I designed...in the event that you want to feel as hungry...I mean, as good as I do right now ;)

-Drink lots of water!
-Eat 6 times per day. 3 cooked meals and 3 raw.
-3 cooked meals = -4-6oz brown rice, whole grain pilaf, quinoa or sweet potato
-3-5oz lean quality protein (chicken, fish, turkey, pork loin, lean beef)
- 6oz of true vegetable (corn and peas are a starch)

-3 raw meals = -Complex carbohydrate (from fruit or vegetable)
-Protein (natural peanut butter, 1% milk, cottage cheese, almonds, walnuts, yogurt, soy nuts).

-No caffeine, alcohol, refined sugar or gluten (from wheat products)

Sounds crazy? Let me share what my day looked like today (minus the crying over absent coffee). It wasn't so bad at all...once I recovered from my pizza/ice cream hangover.

Meal 1 = cottage cheese and pineapple (7am) with green tea and honey
meal 2 = almonds and an orange with a big glass of water. (10am)
Meal 3 = brown rice, pork loin roast, sauteed cabbage (from yesterday) 1:30pm and tea
Meal 4 = fat free Greek yogurt with honey and blueberries (5pm) and water
Meal 5 = grilled chicken, brown rice and roasted broccoli (7pm) and tea
Meal 6 = walnuts with half an apple (9pm) and water

Today only had 2 cooked meals, because I wasn't prepared. Chicken breasts cooked for tomorrow, check. Brown rice, check. Vegetable ready for cooking, check. Almonds bagged, check. Small yogurt containers, check. Feeling great...on my way! I got this licked!


No comments:

Post a Comment